I noticed I had broke one of my bogie beam clamp bolts shear today. Any insight as to why this may have happened? How critical is it that this bolt be replaced as it looks like a very crappy job to do....
when you say bogie beam clamp? do you mean the bolts that clamp the A frame to the axle?
Its this one. In retrospect i think I know what happened. I backed into a pile and was not level and started to lift and then changed my mind. I brought the load down to reposition and instead of bringing it down gently it slammed down and I believe that put too much side load on the clamp bolts.
ahhh. balance beam bush ferrule not critical, but if you want to do the job it depends on how lucky or unlucky you have been with where it snapped, you'll need to remove the other two bolts then the plastic caps and use the bolts to force the ferrule off, then if you have enough room you may be able to remove the broken bolt end, if not its wheels off undo the elephants feet remove the balance beam so you can get access to the snapped part!
I was thinking I would put that broken bolt on a lathe and cross drill it to use as a pilot insert for a drill bit. Get some long drill bits and some long easy outs and try it that way. Will still need to pull a wheel to make this attempt....