Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bolt on Grader Blade For A Excavator Bucket

Danny Steel ยท 2010-10-12 19:52

Hey Guys, Do you have any pics of a bolt on Or pin on grader blade for a excavator-bucket? Years ago I made one for a guy, But I cant remember what It looked like I think It was a pc of 1" plate that covered the teeth, And 2 ears that bolted to the side of the bucket. I use a 24" bucket on my 3 ton machine........Any tips, Or Ideas? Thanks Danny

Replies10
  1. #1Hendrik2010-10-12 22:43

    Have you got a final trim bucket? Should be able to get a least a 1200mm bucket on a 3 tonner.

  2. #2Danny Steel2010-10-13 08:27

    I have never seen a trim bucket, I just have one bucket for my machine If I need another bucket, I will fab It myself, Unless I find a deal on some used ones. As I think way back, The grader blade was just a pc of plate that would cover the teeth. Danny

  3. #3245dlc2010-10-13 20:17

    If you have two worn out teeth you can weld an old grader blade or ditching bucket blade with the worn out teeth on and that way you just have to tap out the pins when you want to use your bucket without the blade. The two middle teeth should support the blade without having to weld them on.

  4. #4DirtHauler2010-10-13 20:59

    Here is something my dad did on his Kobelco SS. For this little machine it worked great!! :drinkup It was inspired by the little bucket and the need to backfill faster. The machine has much more power than that small of a bucket requires. This worked great for backfilling ditches and it was quick to change out. Since your body is the counterweight us "big boys" can lift more weight without tipping the machine over. It slipped over the teeth on the bucket (this machine does not have removeable teeth) and had a bolt over each tooth to hold it on. Your machine looks a bit bigger but i think you get the idea of what we did.

  5. #5DirtHauler2010-10-13 21:07

    last few

  6. #6Orchard Ex2010-10-13 22:18

    Danny, you are looking for a crumbing blade. Do a search here at HEF, there are a couple threads on them. You can also look at a "Hal's grader blade" on the interwebs. It might also be under "dirt squeegee".

  7. #7Hendrik2010-10-14 18:56

    Well they go by various names, mud bucket, batter bucket, the bloody big bucket This is a tilt version http://www.eiengineering.com.au/productsexcavatorstiltbuckets.htm I have a 900mm (3 foot) one for my 1.6 tonne ex and a 600mm (2 foot) for my 500kg ex. They are handy for leveling in softer ground and moving loose material. Really depends on what you're main work is, if do a lot of large area grading you may wanna go with a blade but if you do the odd bit of grade work and do shift loose materials i would advise to go the bloody big bucket route. The big bucket also comes in handy for storing my other three digging buckets and thumb.

  8. #8sultan2010-10-14 19:05

    'Round here they're called ditching buckets or cleanup buckets.

  9. #9aksobe2011-10-18 16:30

    DirtHauler, I have a kobelco ss60 as well... Did you ever figure out how to change the controls from A to B?

  10. #10joispoi2011-10-19 01:07

    Since you already have the quick hitch, why not just make yourself a clean up bucket?