Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bomag 120 ad3 1995 help

omal1989 · 2019-02-27 19:46

Hi guys , first time poster, we have a bomag 120 ad3 , we bought it at auction and only realised after that it has an issue , engine great ! On the button , moves fine , vibrates good , but if it’s running for 20mins or so it locks on , and will not move until it cools down, I’m guessing the oil heats up , thins a bit then it’s by passing seals or something like that , or it’s lost hydro pressure to move the drums , has anyone had experience of this ? Can anybody help me with what it might be?

Replies5
  1. #1omal19892019-02-27 19:48

    Also , we had the brakes by-passed so it’s not the brakes , it’s something more serious , previous owner had the rad fan wired to run constant ,

  2. #2mg23612019-02-28 12:25

    Will need a serial number. Bomag's have a bunch of serial number breaks for service and parts information.

  3. #3omal19892019-02-28 17:38

    I’ll post the serial number tomorrow when I am back beside it , thank you for the reply !

  4. #4Zach18812020-03-24 10:24

    Does anybody have any answers on this? I have a 100 AD does the exact thing.. please help

  5. #5omal19892021-04-10 19:59

    I don’t have an answer ... Still never looked into the issue , did you have any luck yourself ?