Well, this was a fun one today. I was called about this machine last week and just got on it today. 2 electrical issues............front hydraulic leg doesn't operate from the operators panel, & a 49 flash code on the same panel. I was asked if I could have this fixed by Wednesday
Look at this crap! ………………..NO electrical schematic at all for this machine available to me at the moment. So as you can tell, I have no idea what fuse or relay runs what. I called Bomag tech service and had them send me the entire electrical schematic (68 pages) and the service manual (892) pages by email. While I am waiting for the email, I already figured out the front leg issue......…..a bad microswitch under the thumb joystick.
I open the valve panel and find...………….. OH GREAT! The only things that are marked are the wire connectors, but I have no legend.
I got lucky finding the switch issue. Without a full schematic this job would be impossible to trace down. There is no access to trace wiring in this dam thing visually. Bomag sent me the full flash code definitions and the 49 was the air intake heater relay. The engine is a CAT C7 Acert……...replaced the relay after finding nothing with the wiring, problem solved.
Well, I feel like I dodged machine gun fire today. When I first opened the panels up I thought "Yeah, Wednesday?! It will take me a week just to get the maps for this machine." KUDOS to Bomag tech support! A good group of people up there and have always been super helpful with the tech info. I didn't need the service manual or the electrical schematic this time...…….but I now have it for the many other times I may be on this machine. Job done...……...surprisingly!!! Even to me!
Even a Blind Squirrel gets a nut once in awhile LOL Good job!
There’s a lot of Wednesday’s in a year
With machines like this. If it worked fine recently and they called to fix the one thing that broke, usually I can hopefully find the one cause like you did (microswitch) without too much trouble or documentation. If it broke a couple of years ago, has been left for dead in the rain and snow with the covers off, was sold to another owner and drug in in that condition, may be a different story.