Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bomag 80 roller

takk2 · 2023-10-19 15:54

Hi all my bomag 80 roller brakes are stuck on AV traced the problem to the plug that connects to the brake solenoid there seems to be a capacitor of some sort inside the plug and when a bypass this the brakes release is it safe to bypass this?

Replies8
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-10-19 23:56

    Depends on if you'll need brakes. I would think you would.

  2. #2takk22023-10-20 01:49

    A was figuring if a put a manual switch on it with a fuse a could still have a brake just wasn't sure if the thing inside the plug that am bypassing was some kind of safety for the actual solenoid itself

  3. #3Vetech632023-10-20 07:30

    Can you post a pic of what you're seeing in the plug?

  4. #4takk22023-10-20 08:50
  5. #5takk22023-10-20 08:52

    Once a disconnected that black part it seems to be operating properly

  6. #6mg23612023-10-21 06:06

    This black part would be a diode.

  7. #7takk22023-10-21 09:16

    Is it safe enough to run it with fuse and manual switch?

  8. #8HarleyHappy2023-10-21 10:26

    Maybe, depends on where you’re running it. If it’s on a steep grade I wouldn’t. I was on a Bomag roller and the brakes stopped working one time. Only machine I ever rolled.