Hi, my bomag roller travels only at 4km/h even when I select the rabbit for high speed. Have change the speed sensors and speed dial and confirmed no error codes for the travel system. Is there a possibility to adjust the speed to maximum?
Welcome to HEF laldan ! Bomag guys will need a serial number of the machine?
What checks have you carried out so far?
Serial number - 101582881038
I am not too familiar with this machine and haven't done any, can you please suggest some check that I can do?
Unfortunately, I do not have much to offer. When you change the travel speed dial, does anything change in the window shown below?
Yes, when i turn the speed dial up, the green bar (indicated in the picture with the red arrow), also goes up to 10km/h. But at full speed the needle only goes up to 3.5km/h - 4km/h at 0% inclination.
Ok. let's confirm if the speed range selector switch wires are ok. It's a three wire switch. +5V, -Gnd and signal. Use a multimeter to measure between the +5ve and Gnd wire to see if you will have a +5ve. I attached the schematic drawing to guide you.
what exact speed sensor did you change? I'm asking because there are a lot of speed sensors on the roller.
I would say thay were OK. If the dial is changed and the indicator in the dash changes, that says to me that the switch signal is getting to the controller and the confirmation is the controller is changing the indicator. I agree with Pep on the speed sensor. I would want to make sure they are all functional. Maybe the lack of feedback is making the controller keep the machine in low range.
replaced the front drum speed sensor.
Was the axle speed sensor checked?
no, will check and give an update.
Rear axle sensor was replaced and the issue is still the same.
Was the wiring checked from the sensors to the controller?
This is a good question. might be wiring problem and changing the sensor won't fix it.
Found the problem!!!.. Yes it was the harness to the sensor. BIG thanks to mg2361 and Pep Joe for the tips.
Welcome, I'm happy to know.
Glad to hear it laldan. Which sensor was the harness issue found? Drum or axle?
the drum harness...