Since the other fella asked a concrete question here , I thought I'd ask you guys too. Basically a customer wants this floor to be tiled. Problem is that when they poured the inner slab section in this unit, they didn't put any pins or rebar at the edges. So the slabs move up and down independently. I am going to put a crack membrane before the tile which works for horizontal movement, but not so good for vertical. I tried a structural epoxy in one spot and it seemed to bond. Just wondering if this is the best idea.
Can you put a joint with a piece of schluter trim over it to hide the gap and allow movement there? https://www.schluter.com/schluter-us/en_US/Profiles/Movement-Joint-Profiles/c/P-MJ I don't work for them and I never used it. I have used their products to make a shower in my master bath (halfway done) and it all seems like quality stuff.
Yeah the right thing to do is split the tile over the joint. But there's so many joints and they are not square, so it won't look good.