Hello everyone, I have not introduced myself but you guys may get to know me a little better now that I will start posting. I have a few acres in southern Louisiana and previously rented a dozer as well as mini excavators for certain projects I seem to have going on. In Sept last year, I came across a well used Kobelco 904D. When new, the machine came from Lee Tractor Sales and the owner I was planning on purchasing it from was the second owner. Or so he tells me. He used it for about a decade developing some swamp land near Pearl River. He also used it to build his house. As time goes we all get older and he didn't want to worry about having a bunch of items for his wife to deal with in the event something happening to him. He was asking $10k and said I could drive it as long as I would like to verify everything works. I returned on a Sat and he had some holes that needed digging so I dug for about 1.5 hours and drove it around. It's ugly but works well for the most part. There are some issues that I will state later. I paid the full $10k and it cost me $500 to get it home, about 30-35 miles away. Apparently is turned off and I can't figure out how to turn it on. Maybe a moderator can fix this or someone give me some clues because my pictures are not visible. I have more pictures of what I have been repairing on this machine the past 15 months. [img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1074284/fullsize/2014-sept-18-pickup-1.jpg
Now I got it!
Last picture for now but MORE TO COME!
Can someone help me out here? (video link below) I searched youtube and on this forum for where the oil pressure line would go (for the oil pressure gauge) but not exactly sure. It has not had oil and water temp gauges for years as per the former owner. I am pretty sure that the location I pointed out in the video is where it would go but not confident. Maybe one of you veterans can provide some input. Also, what would you EXPECT the oil pressure to be? This is the original engine and the hour meter hasn't worked in over a decade. No smoke when running except for the minimal you expect when running a diesel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtUN_Rq_RgI
I think itS a good looking machine, especially for 10k. Pearl River is just right across the river from me.