Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bought a Truck

dsgsr ยท 2016-12-03 15:55

Hey Folks, I just bought a truck '87 International S1800 6X6. Trying to figure out the Vin#. What I can read is ( ENXL 9HH510776) there seems to be 2 or 4 letters before the ENXL. Any idea what it would be. WHY are they upside DOWN??? Thanks, DaveG

Replies14
  1. #1Jonas3022016-12-03 16:00

    Nice looking truck good job chaining it down so it didn't fall off upside down Check the title or look for an old cab card or ins paper inside for the vin

  2. #2bobcat12016-12-03 16:07

    Last 8 digits are all you need. This will work for ordering parts at International dealer. They should even be able to run a line ticket for that truck.

  3. #3dsgsr2016-12-03 17:08

    Thanks, What's a Line ticket? DaveG

  4. #4bobcat12016-12-03 17:20

    The line ticket is the order sheet that would go with the chassis through the assembly plant showing what components are to be added. We keep these on file to reference during repairs and modifications.

  5. #5dsgsr2016-12-03 17:48

    Would like to see that. All Ready know that this truck has been altered, Had a 445 engine with a 5+2, changed to a dt466B with Alisson (sp) 4-speed auto. DaveG

  6. #6bobcat12016-12-03 18:44

    We had a 1980 , S1854 with 446 on propane and vacuum tank. It had the 5 speed and previous owner had put a 4 speed auxiliary trans behind that to split between gears.

  7. #7DeckPro2016-12-06 22:27

    There may be a VIN on the engines or interior of the engine bay. ------------------ -Will Deck Repair Pro

  8. #8dsgsr2016-12-10 06:36

    How would I get this Line ticket? Need to find out the weight rating, nothing on the door jam except the Vin#. A plate inside the cab rear wall from Ashplund (sp) shows 10,115 front axle and 14,200 rear. I thought this tuck would be 33,000 GVW? DaveG

  9. #9bobcat12016-12-10 06:52

    Take last 8 digits of VIN# to an International dealership parts department and they should be able to bring it up on computer and do a print out.

  10. #10Willie B2016-12-10 08:57

    I am deeply jealous! My Chevy is about that heavy, but lacks the front axle drive. I spend too much time putting chains on, or towing it. I thought you must be Australian from your picture. Turns out it's only upside down. Willie

  11. #11dsgsr2016-12-11 09:15

    Thank you bobcat1. DaveG

  12. #12dsgsr2016-12-11 09:17

    DaveG

  13. #13Willie B2016-12-11 09:43

    My father would have corrected you. This is not a six by six. His view based on USAF this is a 4x4. A six by six has two rear axles. They can be singles, or duals. How correct he was I don't know. Willie

  14. #14kenh2016-12-11 11:31

    Correct Willie. Count is based on single wheel count