Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bought this Taylor 30,000 lbs forklift

ichudov ยท 2016-03-20 23:38

http://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auc...0134/lot-d42f350c-25c8-4563-8b32-a5c500f07403 I paid quite a bit for it, but it was very well maintained, new radiator, all hoses, new spool valve bank etc. Pneumatic tires.

Replies9
  1. #1alskdjfhg2016-03-20 23:51

    That's a beauty. Looks like it would be handy for rigging with that stubby mast. Looks a lot like the 'Rigger-Lift' I saw recently. What are the dimensions of the forks?

  2. #2ichudov2016-03-21 00:42

    The forks are 8 feet long. There is a fork positioner, each fork operates independently. I will make a boom for it also. It is, indeed, good for rigging, as the mast is not too high and it is not over the legal truck height.

  3. #3caterpillarmech2016-03-21 06:22

    Nice looking machine. What are you going to use it for?

  4. #4ichudov2016-03-21 07:20

    Rigging for money and to do scrap metal

  5. #5Wes J2016-03-21 09:44

    What's it weigh? Seems like the pneumatic tire lifts are always much heavier than cushion tire lifts. I looked at a 20,000 lb capacity Taylor lift a few weeks ago that weighed 42,000 lbs. You can get a cushion tire lift with 30,000 lbs capacity that weighs only 38,000 lbs. Nice machine either way!

  6. #6ichudov2016-03-21 09:59

    My 30,000 lbs forklift with cushion tires weighs only 31,000 or there abouts. This Taylor weighs about 39,000 lbs. The looks of it suggest to me that it can lift 40,000 counterweighted.

  7. #7td25c2016-03-21 20:18

    Nice looking lift ichudov ! That size was common in my area working in wood factories . On some equipment I've had to pay a little more for it than I wanted but new the service history and was worth it just turning the key & head to the job . That will come in handy for your operation .

  8. #8ichudov2016-03-22 08:40

    td25c, thanks. I feel that I now have a full complement of medium size equipment, two 15k forklifts and two 30k forklifts. I do not collect this equipment, I use it to make money. Made a couple mistakes buying cheap junk equipment that costs a fortune to fix, try very hard to avoid that now.

  9. #9hetkind2016-03-22 12:38

    On a job once we got a lift that size stuck in a terrible mud hole...We were pulling a "gun barrel" press to be replaced by a newer hydraulic press. The operator goes the bay door, with the 25k press on the forks, hits the mud hole with one of the dual drive wheels and sticks terribly. A big wheel loader with forks finally solved that problem. I don't know if management every fixed the mud hole... Howard