Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Boxing in a 6 way blade

Oliver182 ยท 2017-09-15 20:48

anyone ever welded on end plates on a 6 way blade to increase capacity? A neighbor has one that I'll attach pictures of. Have a similar machine and thought it might decrease how much I lose around the edges. I understand it would decrease the amount you could roll off to one side but I wouldn't think it would hinder it too much. Anyone have any advice?

Replies2
  1. #1DMiller2017-09-16 09:03

    I would be looking for a replacement Semi-U as that is what you are needing. Boxing the ends up may only stress the structure and not do all that much good as you cannot extend all that far before side stresses will fold those 'Wings' up.

  2. #2Bls repair2017-09-16 17:11

    If you trap to much it will make it harder to push with a small machine .When finish grading if dirt can't bleed off the side it will build up and end up hogging instead of finish grading.