Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bradco Root Rake – I keep Breaking Check Valves – Where Can I buy just – Pilot operated DOUBLE Check Valve SAE6

uglyguy ยท 2023-08-08 11:42

I keep Breaking the Cartridge Style Dual Pilot Operated Check Valve on my Bradco RR84 Root Rake. They tell me, if you have the rake open and push with it, it will cause the internal check valve to break. Brado only sells the entire assembly block for $380. I have broken 6 of these in the past 8 years and tired of buying the entire valve block. Can anyone suggest where to buy just the valve as shown in picture #1. I've found similar valve on the web, but I'm unsure the PSI Rating on the valve. My Cat 299D2 shows the Hydraulic PSI Flow - Standard - is 3335 psi at 23 gal/min. Would I need the valve to be rated at 3335 psi at 23 gal/min in order to get the correct valve. Bradco Part number for the entire valve assembly including alum block 88536 VALVE Pilot operated DOUBLE Check Valve SAE6 $380

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2023-08-08 12:17

    1st, I have similar buckets that do not use, or need, a check valve. Eliminate the valve and just connect the cylinder tees to the jumper hoses to machine. 2ndly, if you believe that the valve is necessary, transpose the 13 & 14 hoses going to the valve, and retry. This will change the internal forces on the valve cartridge. Thirdly, that cartridge should have numbers on it's hex, and the manifold should too. Probably a Delta or Hydraforce manifold.

  2. #2uglyguy2023-08-08 19:00

    heymccall, If I remove the valve, how do you hold the grapple open or close when you have a log in the grapple. Do you just keep pressure on the thumb wheel. Here are the numbers stamped Cartridge Style Dual Pilot Operated Check Valve (Stamped on Hex Nut) DC10-40 25 2007 looks like this is a HydraForce DC10-40-0-N-25 Pilot-Operated Check Valve $160 DUAL, PILOT-OPERATED, CHECK VALVE, 4 WAY, 10 SIZE, BUNA SEALS, 25 PSI SPRING Stamped on the outside of Alum Block VA2298-13 Thanks!

  3. #3rbrown2252023-08-08 19:40

    When you release your remote valve (lever / thumb wheel) it will center the valve and lock the hydraulics

  4. #4heymccall2023-08-08 19:59

    The valve on the grapple is redundant. As stated above, when the aux hydraulics are in neutral, the the oil will be held by the centered spool in the carrier (skidsteer). The ONLY advantages I see for having that check valve assembly is to allow the attachment to be removed while open (and it staying open), and to lessen pressure in the hookup lines to due oil expansion (sitting in the sun).