Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bradco stump grinder for mini skid steer?

U8u812 ยท 2017-01-13 07:36

Hi, I am looking to buy a stump grinder attachment for my Ditch Witch SK-850. It has about 14 GPM hydraulic flow. I am considering a model made by Bradco, with the higher flow motor. Anyone have any experience with these? How are Bradco attachments in general? They "look" OK and are priced competitively. We don't grind a lot of stumps, so a new dedicated grinder costs too much, and my old Rayco Jr grinder is getting pretty rickety and is very slow to move around.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies1
  1. #1DIYDAVE2017-01-13 20:41

    I have one of these(Bradco), mounted on a 10 GPM ASV RC30: https://youtu.be/m4pAhB0T5eE I bought it used, from a rental center, about 300 miles south, like new, $3000 cash. You might want to search fleabay, that's how I found it. I won't break any stump grinding speed records with it, but it handles up to a 24" diameter stump, without getting too tedious. Hooked to the ASV, it can get pretty close to stuff, but there's no way it can compete with a big grinder, that has an 80 HP motor to belt drive the wheel, and a power steering pump, to move the rig around. You definitely give up certain things, when you go for the multipurpose machine, but its still better than a walk behind unit... If you have the choice, and are buying new, I think I would go with the type of teeth that have the round carbide, and install with 2 allen bolts, Mine are like 7/8" square, and it takes about 2 hrs, to change out a set. The square ones that I use are relatively cheap, off the internet, $7.99 per, vs $30+++ at the dealer. Good luck