Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brake check !!

Partsdude ยท 2008-08-21 12:19

"Aint gonna let no brakes stop me!!! " How do you un-pucker the seat from your rear end ??

Replies13
  1. #1OCR2008-08-21 15:08

    Well, if he could have just made it over that damn berm... and kept it straight... :lmao I know that's not really funny... No doubt there was some kind of problem, or the truck wouldn't be there ... but check picture #2... all most looks like the driver chose the berm, rather than risk a rollover on that corner... and I'm just guessing... :beatsme OCR

  2. #2DR RPM2008-08-21 15:14

    Looks like Drumheller area.

  3. #3RollOver Pete2008-08-21 16:05

    I believe that I would have soiled myself...

  4. #4euclid2008-08-21 16:17

    Wow is all I can say. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to talk after that ordeal!

  5. #5Partsdude2008-08-21 16:23

    Elk Hills according to the email I got. Where ever that may be. :beatsme

  6. #6surfer-joe2008-08-21 16:56

    If it's Elk Hills, than that is near Taft, California, just west of Bakersfield. The terrain seems similar.

  7. #7MKTEF2008-08-21 17:13

    I once was in the passenger seat of a tractor when the driver whent off the road like that. We hanged by the trailer and the king-pin with the front wheels 20-30 feet of the ground... It is NOT a situation i want to repeat. And that was far from as high as this one... We had to climb along the side of the truck and got off and onto solid ground by the back wheels. But it happends so fast you don't manage to do anything. But in those seconds you see your life pass by....

  8. #8DigDug2008-08-21 20:34

    Holy **** !!! I'm scared just lookin at it!

  9. #9jimmyjack2008-08-21 22:12

    wow ,i think i would have taking my chance and rolled the girl, is there any story with the pics

  10. #10Bob Horrell2008-08-21 22:25

    About 20 years ago, they were installing new high voltage power lines through the mountains behind where I lived. They had a dirt access road up to the area. A hugh crane truck was coming down the dirt road similar to the one in these pictures and he couldn't slow down enough for a sharp curve. He went off the edge when rounding the curve. There was nothing left of the truck. It tore the axles off the frame as well as the cab, motor, trans, fuel tanks, and the crane. There were pieces everywhere. The driver survived, but he was pretty messed up. I walked up to the site and couldn't believe how it totally ripped everything off the frame. They cleaned it up, and after they were done, you wouldn't know anything happened except for the hugh gouge marks in the dirt.

  11. #11tonka2008-08-21 22:46

    Yep thats Elk hills for sure and thats an old orange Pride petroleum rig, now Key energy. I worked at elk hills for about 2 years abandoning old wells.... its between Dustin acers and Pumpkin Center on highway 119. There were huge fake oil tanks there during WW2 so the Japanese would think the us's oil reserve was there.

  12. #12dumptrucker2008-08-22 00:53

    Buy the look of that old rig they might as well give her a nudge and let her go. They always say never bail out it's safer to ride it out, I think I would have bailed out on that one.

  13. #13AtlasRob2008-08-22 17:06

    :yup :iagree shes probably too old to have to worry about the seatbelt argument