Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brake drum cross reference

charles walton ยท 2020-02-09 17:31

I am looking to replace my drums on the Dodge 900 and it has Webb 68981 now and they seem to be hard to find and pricey. What can I change to that's a little easier on the wallet if possible?

Replies5
  1. #1Truck Shop2020-02-09 18:20

    Oh boy, Pricey isn't the word, First it would be how many are available. Most all in-board drums are becoming extinct or damn near. Post a photo of the drive axles please, but I'm guessing you have Rockwell SQHD's for drive axles. Either way you go it can be expensive {replace hubs to later out-board drums or just replace the inboard drums you have now. Used hubs with either 8 studs or 12 studs for axles run used $225 to $350 per hub then you have the wheel seals also at $38 each. Out-board drums $75

  2. #2charles walton2020-02-09 18:25

    I found a couple of Webb 68981B but I don't know if the b is different or not.

  3. #3charles walton2020-02-09 18:27
  4. #4Truck Shop2020-02-09 19:53

    What did you cut off on that brake spider?

  5. #5_Weldman_2020-02-09 19:59

    They cross reference as same ones. https://www.pscpartsstore.com/34/3295ax