Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brake light switch on mitsubishi fighter 6?

antpoo ยท 2015-12-18 16:47

Hello all. I have been driving for the last 3 months without brake lights as I just cannot find where the brake light switch is. i have been substituting my tail lights for brake lights by turning headlights on and off when I brake etc. I've noticed a switch on the exhaust brakes attached to throttle, but I don't think this is the brake light switch. I've followed all lines from brake pedal but cannot find a switch. Does anyone out there know where this switch is located? Thanks in advance. Andy

Replies6
  1. #1RonG2015-12-18 16:56

    Like in"Zero"?Wow.Ron G

  2. #2Ronsii2015-12-18 19:20

    LOL@RonG I think he means something like this @ antpoo, usually there will be a pressure switch on or close to the brake valving that controls the brake lights.

  3. #3RonG2015-12-19 01:33

    Oh,a lot like this one.My boss parked in my back yard on a Sat.morning,a church parking lot,picking me up for a day down on the Connecticut river.Ron G

  4. #4antpoo2015-12-19 04:48

    This is the Mitsubishi Fighter 6 Australian. We call the Fuso Fighter now but this is a 2001 model.

  5. #5Karl Robbers2015-12-19 20:54

    Your truck would have air over hydraulic brakes I think. That being the case, I would suspect that either the treadle valve or the actual air over hydraulic units located on the drivers side of the truck near the air tanks are your likely locations, at least that's where the earlier Mitsi's had them. Most probably screwed into the treadle valve.

  6. #6antpoo2015-12-20 16:37

    Here are 2 photos of where I believe it should be located. I will get in closer when I get rid of load and can lift tipper. This is right hand side of truck behind cabin, outside the chassis, and directly on the inside of chassis.