Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

brake rotor for 1979 LTL 9000

Jim Dandy ยท 2013-01-04 17:04

My 1979 LTL 9000 ate up the driver's side rotor and I am having a very hard time finding another rotor. Do any of you all know where to look? Thanks for your time.

Replies3
  1. #1Birken Vogt2013-01-06 22:20

    You mean brake drum? Find your local truck brake parts dealer and they should be able to find it by dimension if you haven't already tried that.

  2. #2mitch5042013-01-06 22:54

    Believe it or not, I have a 1986 GMC Topkick that has disc brakes all the way around. It will stop like no other truck I ever drove. It has been a wrecker since new. I have been concerned about getting brake parts.

  3. #3Birken Vogt2013-01-07 09:16

    You're right, years ago when I was a student with a fire department we had an early 80s Van Pelt/FMC fire engine that had disc brakes as well. They didn't work very good as I recall. It had a Jake brake, at least.