Anybody ever had any dealings with this company? They are supposed to be a big outfit that works on coal mining equipment all over the country. just looking for any info on this company, good or bad! Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated!
I deal with the Evansville IN store . They seem to be able to handle anything I throw at them and the price is reasonable . I'm not a mining company , just a small operator . We get hydraulic pumps & motors from them . Last job they done for me was reline the brake bands on my 16B dozer . They are good people to work with . www.brakesupply.com
good to know! keep it coming!
Hmmm... guess nobody else has heard of em?
I've heard of them but only from the point of view of seeing their e-mail flyers. Something about them didn't add up TBH. Never dealt with them though.
Ive dealt with them in the PRB. Ive never had a problem with them, always done a decent job.
One other thing I might add is a good portion of my trucks & yellow iron no longer has dealer support . Not a problem as long as we have companies like Brake Supply . Take an item that is no longer available or discontinued , run it down to them and they will repair/rebuild it or help find a suitable replacement .
Brake Supply is a good solid company that has been in the business for many years. They are not always the cheapest, but value is not always a reflection of price. I have been a supplier of parts and assemblies and I do know that they go the extra mile to take care of their customers.
Since my post above I have actually come across some of their components, steering cylinders for an OHT. The price was within a couple of % of OEM but the quality was way down, including repair procedures like welding new ends on the rod that were not factory approved. Based on that one experience - not impressed would be my call, especially on a component that has safety implications for the machine.
Nige , I'm going a bit off topic and this is just my humble opinion . With your background & talent in the mining field someone like yourself would be a valuable asset to a company like Brake Supply . www.brake.com You can also bet wherever the store is located it's close to a mining operation . Just some random thoughts Bro .:waving. http://www.brake.com/company/careers/ http://www.jobs.net/jobs/koch-enter...h/United-States/company/Brake-Supply-Company/ Might be something to consider .
TD, thanks for the vote of confidence. My problem at this point in time is that I'm on the wrong continent, and am allegedly semi-retired ............
Yeah Nige , What got me thinking about it is my Grand Dad had a close buddy that worked for International Harvester from 1940 to about 1975 . In his later years with the company with his experience and IH was exporting heavy equipment all over the globe , they used him as a troubleshooting consultant . If IH sold someone a new fleet of equipment in North Africa and something went wrong , The put him on a plane to the job site and he would fix the issue or figure out what the company needed to do different on the next model . Pretty interesting Old man , Had a million stories of his travels in the world . I would imagine in todays global market people like him are needed more than ever . Random thoughts .