I recently aquired a hyd breaker for a 35 (3.5 tn) size excavator, however I don't have a machine that size, my options are a Deere 15 (too small) and a Volvo ECR88 (too big?). My question is would I damage the breaker by using it on the larger (88) machine? Or should I just leave it in the shed untill I get a proper sized machine for it?
A hyd breaker should be properly matched to the machine that will operate it. The most important thing is the hyd flow going through hammer. Excessive oil flow (too big of a machine/pumps) can do bad things to some brands.
You do have some leeway with breaker size versus carrier size. The 1.5 tonne machine should handle a breaker up to 250kg but may well be awkward to use, whereas putting it on the 88 may be a waste of productivity. Far as flow rates go, you should be able to find out the specs to see if you can use the breaker on the 88, if you just want to use it for the odd job. Make sure if you store it, that it is stored in the upright position.
The Volvo will pump around 90L/m (24 gpm)on the auxiliary circuit, your breaker probably wants only 30-40l/m (8-10gpm) if it's sized for a 3.5T machine. You could slow the flow down on the Volvo, but it's like driving a 1" nail with a sledgehammer. you bend the nail . Find the specs on the breaker, (Max-min flow etc), but I agree with ATCOEQUIP, carrier and breaker need to be matched.
Hi, I want to fit a breaker to my 1999 Kobelco sk40sr. It doesn't have the auxiliary lines fitted so I will need to do this. The owners manual shows the option but I can't find the necessary foot valve and the local importer is no help. I'm in Melbourne, Australia. Any help on how to install the auxiliary circuit will be appreciated. Also I don't have enough posts to start this as a new thread. Thanks. Grant.
Is the main valve under the cab floor, or vertically mounted on the RH side of the machine?.
from the owners manual it is under the floor. Thanks.