Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Breaker suggestions

curb guy ยท 2014-07-27 23:41

I may be in the market for a used hyd. breaker. Which breaker would you guys recommend for a 200-300 size excavator? Cost is second, parts availability is my main concern. Thank you for any and all suggestions !

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies4
  1. #1clintm2014-07-28 22:53

    I'am assuming that you are wanting it for your concrete recycling operation I just got a brand new sure strike drop hammer style breaker and it works great if you are want one to break over size I don't think that you will find any thing that is simpler,faster or hits any harder in the same weight class of carrier and it sends very little forces back to the machine

  2. #2curb guy2014-07-30 08:55

    That is correct. I have a dump site at my shop and I also clean out several ready-mix plants. Most of them have a pit or somewhere that they dump their extra concrete, which is why I use a hydraulic breaker is to loosen it up. Never thought about a drop hammer, wonder how well it would work in my application?

  3. #3grandpa2014-07-30 19:47

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIRsFdJr64M&list=UU8T8xUeP5FVOraKzxwgRTAQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62zHgqxMsak&list=UU8T8xUeP5FVOraKzxwgRTAQ&index=16

  4. #4clintm2014-08-08 22:27

    I also bought a single shank ripper for my 350c case excavator it works good for breaking up wash out picking in the cracks. that drop hammer breaking up slabs in that video belongs to john d stephens in atlanta ga its next to the airport and its breaking up runway slabs thats gets hauled to his yard I went and looked at it before I bought mine it one size bigger they was breaking over size rock the day I was there. I have a concrete recycling yard and deal with the same thing as you every day