Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bridge laws

roadrunner81 ยท 2014-01-11 16:06

Can I legally transport 80K gross if I only am good for 66K by the bridge law as long as im not crossing a bridge??

Replies5
  1. #1clintm2014-01-11 16:12

    in NC no. when you are on the interstate you must meet bridge law. off interstate you get a 10% tolerance but if you go over it you will be fined like your on the interstate . but each state is different

  2. #2John C.2014-01-12 12:27

    Bridge formulas for trucks refer to the distance between the axles and not the idea of crossing bridges.

  3. #395zIV2014-01-12 18:36

    Actually they are for crossing bridges: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Bridge_Gross_Weight_Formula

  4. #4John C.2014-01-12 22:17

    They may have been about bridges in the forties and fifties but now they are all about revenue. I know for a fact that all the state patrol officers on the west coast can all figure it out for you.

  5. #5powerjoke2014-01-13 00:44

    I agree with John c. Simple dot terms of ie. inner bridge, outer bridge etc. Leads me to believe that Pj