Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Briggs 18 HP carb

mattyt1984 ยท 2022-10-13 15:29

Pics below the engine runs on starting fluid but won't get gas thru carb. It pumps to the carb float seems fine but nothing going into engine. I can't seem to find this carb or even how to remove it.

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2022-10-13 23:20

    Does this help? 13:30 is critical, but the whole think might be critical depending on where the carb is dirty.

  2. #2mattyt19842022-10-14 21:52

    Thanks I didn't realize it had a shut off solenoid I am quite certain that's the issue.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2022-10-14 21:54

    It's been a while since I've had mine apart but from what I see and vaguely remember you can pull the top of the carb off without removing it and do a pretty decent job of cleaning it. If it's been sitting a while it's probably gummed up inside with this ethanol blended gas.

  4. #4willie592022-10-14 22:39

    I'm not familiar with that engine, but as Delmer posted, sounds like you either have a anti-dieseling valve not working or the needle valve is stuck. And as Steve pointed out, unless that engine is run daily, ethanol gas will gum up and destroy that carb. I only run 100% gas in my small engines, but that's not available to everyone out there. If you are forced to use ethanol gas then take measures to avoid alcohol poisoning.