Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Broken 518 skidder

JTL ยท 2009-02-27 01:12

A good friend of mine sent me this picture via cell phone the other day. His message was 'I think its lunch time!'

Replies10
  1. #1Taylortractornu2009-03-08 08:24

    I wished I had that I got enough stuff to make another compactor out of that lol.

  2. #2DigDug2009-03-08 08:29

    whats the matter with it?

  3. #3John C.2009-03-08 13:09

    Must have happened on Friday mourning.

  4. #4Iron Horse2009-03-08 19:31

    It would be my guess , he lifted the front end with the blade to remove the wheel for a puncture repair and then let it back down onto the hub .

  5. #5JTL2009-03-08 21:51

    Close! He told me the wheel fell off. Too many broken lug bolts. He dosent run the machine, so dont blame him! Jason

  6. #6Iron Horse2009-03-08 23:21

    It's a wonder the wheel is'nt in the picture . "You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel "

  7. #7JTL2009-03-08 23:41

    I asked him where the wheel was. He said it fell off up on a skid trail, and they picked up the front and drug it to the landing with another skidder, to have more room to work on it and to use the loader to put it back on with. He said they had to go about 100 feet down into the brush to retrieve the wheel. GOOD TIMES! Jason

  8. #8RocksnRoses2009-03-09 02:12

    :lmao Rn'R.

  9. #9Shetland Sheepd2009-03-09 12:01

    Moral to that story is you gotta keep track of your nuts! ointhead :lmao:duh Dave

  10. #10Redbug2009-03-15 22:13

    Hey! Just a question...Was the tire loaded or do they just have air in them?