Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brooming for milling

Cairoh ยท 2011-06-21 14:44

Do any of you offer brooming services with your milling. What do you use/prefer? I am trying decide between a mechanical broom truck or the broce MK-1/CR-350 combo.

Replies3
  1. #1andoman2011-06-21 20:13

    Truck with high dump, I've never seen a MK-1, but from looking at it I don't know if it would clean enough, but again I have no experience with one so that's based on a visual.

  2. #2hvy 1ton2011-06-22 01:49

    I didn't know what you were talking about until i found a couple videos on youtube showing them working. Don't know if that helps any or not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbWtJ8pOsc

  3. #3milling_drum2011-06-24 01:00

    Plenty of milling companies sweep and mill. Problem is, are any of them near you.... Over the years the BEST pickup brooms ever manufactured and some actually still in use were made by Atheny, those old, ugly Mobile sweepers could pick up nearly everything IF they had a good operator and were well maintained... Actually had one behind us a coupla weeks ago and the machine was late 80's, did a great job.