Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brush Guard

inyati13 ยท 2011-04-13 13:55

I want to make a brush guard for the top of the blade of a D3G with a 10 foot blade. I want it to help control the tree that gets over the top of the blade and wedges between the trunion tower complex and the radiator guard. I was thinking of using quarter inch mild steel (angle, channel and round). I was going to make it about 6 foot wide to center on the blade and about 1 foot high. Any suggestions would be appreciated. How high does it have to be? Should it go straight up or slant out in front of the blade?

Replies4
  1. #1ETMF 58 White2011-04-13 15:38

    I bought a 24 foot stick of 2 x 4 x 1/4 tubing for about $96 about a year ago and had my welder neighbor make this one for a 10 foot blade on a 650G. I had him lean it forward because I want the brush to roll, and also it looks a lot better.

  2. #2inyati132011-04-13 17:20

    That is just the info I wanted. I also thought leaning it forward would be best. Thanks.

  3. #3inyati132011-05-21 21:34

    This is what I made to give my grill more protection and to help handle brush. It leans forward. Any comments on how it might work?

  4. #4Deereman2011-05-23 02:10

    You can also look up G & R manufacturing. They make guards as well. They make them for Deere but they might make them for cat as well. But for the money 58 and 13 are on to something!!