How many people use them? I'm trying to gauge the market for a product that I've designed and built for a customer... I'd be interested in hearing if this is something you'd ever buy or want.
The design has many benefits... - It turns down any brush sending it downward away from your radiator...or it breaks it off. - It pushes into support, making it very strong and durable. - It's idiot proof to assemble and other than mounting to the blade, even tack welds will work. - It's very easily customizable. Make center high, or the entire blade high. Make it as tall or short, wide or narrow as you like. - It's affordable to ship.
Well, the silence is deafening.
It looks very nice but around here people tend to build their own rather than purchase a ready built product. The other issue is around here dozers are not used very often for clearing anymore. Excavators with thumbs have taken over that entire industry.
As a small fab shop owner I like the design. How is the visibility thru the guard? Nice job.
That's one thing it doesn't do well. The slats don't provide much visibility which is why I had them in tiers and lowered them on the sides. This was designed to go into a muni brush facility & protect the radiator as well as increase blade capacity. For a clearing application where it was also used for dirt work I'd probably eliminate the outsides to increase visibility of the corner areas.
Pretty slick looking. I wouldn't worry about the ends while pushing dirt as you're looking at the bottom of the blade corners for that. What steel are you using?
personally I would prefer a smooth extension so material could roll ahead if so inclined. rough surfaces take more power and its surprising how sticks and stumps get caught and hung up in the damndest places. if hung up, sticks and stumps will follow you as you back up from a pile