How many preferred a mower on the exc or skidsteer? I've been looking at mini exc but have the ablity to use a skidder also just wondered if one did a better job in different places I would assume the exc would b slower. Thanks
slower and not near the power. However if your in areas that a skid steer cant go (ditch banks, in and around trees) than the Ex is the only choice.
Don't short sale the ex. It's pretty efficient IMO. I run a mere 30" flail and it makes short work of overgrown anything. Now I do call BS on 4" dia ability with only 17 gpm. It requires patience for larger than 3" hardwood. But I have surprised several people, d@&? I wish I could upload pics. What they thought would take days, took a few hours. Yes a skid steer is a beast of mass destruction. But for steep terrain or along a pond dam or on the other side of a fence or reaching up 12 feet or so the flail on a ex is nice to have. I'm exeptionally happy with my $6k attachment/investment.
We have a mix of mowing equipment, but the E50 bobcat with bushmaster deck and US mower flail has worked out well. We mow more slopes and ditches than flat ground. The skid steers do a fine job also and on some sites with brush less than 2" they will leave the hoe's in the dust, Ground conditions are a big factor, and should be thought out well, the mini you can bring in a bucket with a argo and get yourself out of a jam, the skid steer takes a lot more work if you get stuck.
What are you running for ex and flail?
Are you asking how much I charge for the pair? Per hour.
I have a KX057 and a Rockhound 40EX Hammerhead. When the job comes along I'll get a Ground Shark Extreme for my SVL90-2.
No I was asking what make/size excavator and what flail for $6K I might be interested in one if they are ay good.
I have a Takeuchi tb135 7636 lbs. 3.5 ton Eterra ex30 flail. NOT the micro ex30 Built in Washington state. Skid Steer Solutions. A smooth running baby doll.
Ok thanks that explains why you could get the mulcher so much cheaper than I have been quoted I am running a 8 ton Inger-Saul Rand zx 75
Do they build a rotary style with blades? I'm thinking I'll have a Kubota kx121-s3. How much do you charge an hour I would assume there's a premium fir mowing over digging? Or is it the same rate?
There are a few rotary style mowers on the market, and they are usually cheaper than the flail mowers. Flail mowers typically start out around $8k. I get $140/hr with the flail mower.
What do you charge when your digging? If you don't mind. The guy I got my dump trailer has a landscaping company and he said he just rented an exc if he needed one and that person he was doing it for knew they were paying all rental fees and the 20 an hr for him to do it. He said he charged 90hr for skiddsteer work with a nh ls180 and 60hr for the dump trailer
I'm going to leave money out of it. Too many non member eyes knowing our rates educates needlessly. And to each their own as overhead is different from company to company.
Understandable