Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brush rake

Kj454 ยท 2017-10-03 18:53

Anybody build one of these? Cost for a 24 inch locally is about 2k. Looking for ideas and thoughts on what others have come up with. Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1Coastal2017-10-04 15:12

    Here's a 50" for my 60 sized machine. Going to try it out next week.

  2. #2Kj4542017-10-04 17:19

    Do you have a materials list on that? I was think of using AR400 for the tines/teeth. How much did it cost in materials?

  3. #3code542017-10-04 19:55

    Keep looking at them but like you, the price is steep. Keep thinking I could build one for 1/2 without too much effort! Good luck on your build

  4. #4Coastal2017-10-04 23:35

    I think we get u400 for around 80 cents a pound, you have to shop around! The other guys in the shop built the rake for me so I wasn't really paying attention to how much material they went through.

  5. #5Kj4542017-10-05 12:09

    Called around to few steel places, looks like about $1200-$1500 in material cost. Not worth it to me to build it only saving $500. I guess if you have good connections with a steel supplier it may make sense. Thanks for the replies guys!

  6. #6ZGrant2312017-10-05 12:29

    Although mine is grab hold of style, I found it cheap on craigs list. Originally a pin on for a JD450 dozer. I narrowed it and made tooth pockets for it. Grab it like my grade beam. Nice looking take costal.