Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brushhog 2715L Lockout

hvy 1ton ยท 2011-08-13 19:38

I need to lockout the deck height so i can remove the hydro cylinder. Unfortunately, the cylinder is bypassing so much oil it won't lift the deck at all. ointhead Any ideas on how to get the deck lockout lined up without the use of the deck cylinder?

Replies3
  1. #1icestationzebra2011-08-15 00:10

    I don't mean to be rude, but I have never had a set of cylinder seals fail so completely that it wouldn't move. Now staying put, that's a different matter altogether. I Assume that you already checked that the hoses are not switched around, the flow isn't turned down (if your tractor has that feature), and you can fold/unfold the wings. Try to change which aux valve you are using. There is also a rare chance that it could be a hose. I had a hose fail internally once and it acted like a one-way valve, preventing me from actuating a cylinder. If none of that works you obviously need to jack/lift up the deck some how. My dad lifted a self-propelled forage harvester using the 3-pt hitch on our 4wd once. The trick with your mower is going to be getting close enough. We used an 18" beam from an old barn floor and lifted it 2" at a time. Good luck. ISZ

  2. #2hvy 1ton2011-08-21 22:01

    It's a single action cylinder so know it hooked up right b/c i can see the hydro oil shooting out the vent at the top. ointhead Been on a road trip all week, so I haven't messed with it. Tomorrow I'm going to try messing with the turnbuckles and see if I can get the lockout pin to line up. I thought this was going to be simple, put a bottle jack under the deck, put the pin in, and call it lunch. :Banghead

  3. #3icestationzebra2011-08-22 23:48

    I didn't even think about the possibility of a SA cylinder. My first thought also was to use a bottle jack, but from the pictures I could find online it didn't look like there was a good place to push up on without bending the deck with only one jack. And if it was that easy I figured you would have done it already. The other idea I had, which is pretty crude, would be to drag it over a small hill or ditch to lift the wheels in the air. ISZ