Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brute attachment company ?

Movindirt2020 · 2020-12-27 15:02

Do any of you use brush grapple buckets made by brute attachment company ? a local guy is selling a brand new 78” grapple, and he said it’s made by brute attachment company. I can’t seem to find much info on the company. This is all I could find. I’m not sure is this is the correct company or not rock and brush grapple includes two 3,000 psi independent working cylinders for grabbing objects. The 3/8″ material with 3″ spacing between tines enables dirt to fall through while holding on to the larger loads. The 1/2″ Grade 50 hardened cutting edge provides additional strength to the tines so you can grab and move material securely with reinforced outside tines and greaseable pivot points. Domestic Parker hoses and fittings full quick attach plates Bolt-on removable side plates Commercial grade steel Reinforced outside tines All pivot points are greasable Precise visibility cut outs Optional bolt on cylinder covers Grade 50 cutting edge: 1/2 inch

Replies6
  1. #1bam19682020-12-28 21:33

    This is advertised as a Brute grapple. This one doesn't look very heavy built to me. The first grapple I bought looked similar to the one in the pic. It didn't last long at all

  2. #2lantraxco2020-12-28 23:45

    Grade 50? That ain't hardened, it's barely a step above mild steel. Brute Attachments shares an address with Prime Attachments in Minnesota: https://primeattach.com/products/rock-and-brush-grapple/

  3. #3lantraxco2020-12-28 23:47

    And what is "Commercial grade steel"??? LMAO... it's all commercial baby, some is just stronger and harder than others!

  4. #4KSSS2020-12-29 19:34

    That looks like the **** that you see at a RB sale. Probably made in China (not that is always bad, just a lot of times bad). If your using that grapple for concrete combined with a larger machine, it will not hold up. Compare this against the better grapples on the market, such as Virnig, Quick Attach, FFC and so forth and low build quality would be evident. However it all depends on what you want to do with it, if it is real light duty work with a smaller machine, it might last a while.

  5. #5Movindirt20202021-01-02 22:32

    Thanks guys! I did not purchase it. I’ll look into one of the higher grade ones as ksss mentioned The one i purchase will be used for brush, cleaning up house demos, concrete etc...

  6. #6Mark132021-01-04 16:52

    I've had a demo dozer brand grapple with the removable solid floor for a few years and have been far from nice to it. They're designed a little different then most grapples and so far I've been happy with my decision for my needs. I know there's times where a root rake style or a rake style grapple would be handy but I can do more with the demo dozer then a normal grapple and that works well for me.