We have a BU-94 yarder with a cat D 343 engine in it. It has a mechanical throttle now but I would like to put an air throttle setup in it to make it more operator friendly. Any ideas or tips on how to go about that? I have never done one before so I'm not sure what all is involved. It is a self-propelled carrier so I'm not sure if that will complicate things or not.
probably get help from a local truck or industrial supplier with some williams air valve part numbers but you will need a throttle slave something like a wm-388 also you will prob need a treadle/foot valve for floor of cab for travel days like a wm 453 , also prob 2 hand operatred valves one at guyline control & one in dash of cab , need shuttle valves in curcuit to keep from backfeeding other valves & having leaks back through exhaust of valves. rig up a mount & linkage for slave at engine fuel inj pump & tap into air tank for feed [ or cab manifold ]