Bucket bushing I have a 955L sn 85j, 1973 need to replace frontend bucket bushing and repair shop can't find all bushing they have found for the chicken bone and fit correctly. problem is the bucket link bushing send by Cat are too big they are about 2 inches too long. I noticed that on one side of link it seem to have a big washer welded to link where bushing are. I asked shop owner is it possible that is the bushing that is welded on one side. But it seems they have never encountered this kind of bushing, they claim there is no bushing and I argue that it looked like a bushing. Question, has anyone out there encounter or have replaced bucket Link bushing and if so where can I find original part or after market parts. My link sn# are 8k-6362 top number and 3 132-3 lower number for one side , 8k-6364 top number and 4 039-2 lower number on the other link. Hope someone out there has the know how to my problem. jem
There are several different arrangements for the bucket. I am unable to find the part numbers (8k6362 and 8k6364) in your listing. What is your machine serial number 85J xxxx Also how wide is your bucket 88 or 91 inches. Have a 6K1097 and 9K8817 bucket numbers, along with a few others
serial #85j6894 it's 7 ft wide, checked with 3 different place none gave same answer so i'm in square one again, one told me they don't have bushing, cat dealer told me they don't make parts for my tractor, and machine shop wants to fill weld and rebore both pin and bushing holes and yet another told my to use shims.
Can you go over size pins and machine holes to except larger pins ?
I guess I could the thing is I was able to get bushing and dust covers for dog bones , Cat dealer never seen this type of tracker loader and they checked and pins and many parts are discontinued. Maybe I will cross over to Mexico and find a machine shop there that can to what you're asking . Thanks for the idea. Respectfully , joe
any machine shop can make you larger pins, you,ll have to get them heat treated (hardened) or they,ll wear out quickly.
Thanks for the information. Machine shop closest to me would be in Mexico, about 1/2 mile vs 90 miles North of me or 60 miles SE of me. It's simple economics, all I have to do is ask permission at border and go to shop. Thank again for your help. Respectfully, joe
JOE, dont forget to measure how much the hole is worn. you,ll need to know this before making the pin. in fact I,d get the holes bored first then have pins made to fit holes. good luck.
in case you cant get metal to make pins i buy alot of steel from these folk. https://www.metalsdepot.com/
Looks like there are no bearings, I have the same model and the bearings come as part of the bracket. Says to contact dealer which in this case is probably no longer made. I did buy some new pins for mine some years ago. The first to pics are for the 4n 1 This is a general purpose bucket with similar brackets
The OP already asked this question once before and had it answered by Cmark who is one of the track loader gurus on this forum. I am somewhat mystified as to why he thinks that asking the same question again will yield a different answer ..........
Looks like I sure spun my wheels for nothing
Same here. I saw Cmark's reply on the original post and didn't bother going any further ........
Instead of bearings if your forced into it you could make bushings out of oil impregnated bronze
The OP's problem is that the bores to which he is specifically referring do not have bushes ex-factory. They have wallowed oversize due to wear. The best way to bring the bores back to specification would be either to machine the holes out until they are circular then make steel bushes to fit in them, shrink/weld them in place and then machine the bores back to size, or instead of making bushes the damaged bores could be built up by welding then machined to size.
Nige, right on pal
I'm very sorry for the information a posted before, I guess I confused everyone. I'm not working on the bucket yet, I'm replacing the links,brackets bushing that hold the bucket to cylinder that move the bucket up and down and swivel connection (called Dog Bones) that's what I'm working on. Again I'm very sorry for any confusion I have started, please accept my apologies to everyone that responded to my thread post. Respectfully , Joe
No problems with me pal