Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket coupler question

Lil' Puss ยท 2013-06-30 12:01

Do very many of you guys use quick connect bucket couplers? I am looking at the Amulet http://www.amulet.com/couplers.html and the http://www.werk-brau.com/attachment-products/81 Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Landclearer2013-06-30 15:03

    Yes we use couplers on our machines. I would go with the wedge lock, keeps the tip radius close to a standard pin on bucket. We have never had any issues with ours. Chris

  2. #2204saskman2013-06-30 18:56

    I got a WR coupler. Its ok. Kinda hard to remove some times but I dont take mine off often. I need too cause my coupling is a tad worn.

  3. #3StumpyWally2013-07-01 09:30

    Lil' Puss: If you have a small excavator, stay away from pin-grabber QC's...they increase the tip radius & thereby reduce the breakout force too much, on a machine size where every bit of breakout is precious. I would recommend the Klac from Werk-Brau ( http://www.werk-brau.com/attachment-products/74 ). It is very simple & easy to couple/decouple buckets, & it maintains your original pin-on tip radius & breakout force better than any other that I was able to find. I use one on my NH (Kobelco) EH80.