Hi. I have a Problem with the Bucket Cylinder on my 315 cat ( CJC01158). it had a Hammer pedal with a Electic Solenoid that did activate two pumps to run the hammer and the return did go straight Back to the Tank. I bought a tilt Bucket and changed some hook ups. It operates with a Foot pedal. Now a have a Problem my Bucket cylinder (not the cylinders for Tilt bucket) if i completely riched out then Starting to pull back (if i do it fast) its freely falls then in 2 seconds it picks up the pressure again. Do you have any ideas how can i fix this problem. Didn't have this Problem before i changed the Lines. Not using the Solenoid anymore it does the foot pedal.
This is a complex problem that I think should be addressed by a professional hydraulic repairmen (be it the dealer or other). It sounds to me like you have fouled up the signaling to the pump. When you extend out the boom and dipper it require a huge amount of oil flow. If the pump does not "stroke up" to meet the demand you will experience cavitation, which it sounds like you are in the bucket curl circuit. First suggestion is to disconnect the additional plumbing that you recently installed. See if you correct the problem. If it does than I would pay extra attention to where you put what as you may have routed one of the pilot line incorrectly. You said that you installed a hammer circuit with a direct to tank return line, and 2 pump flow circuitry. I have also done this (via HKX kit) but only needed 2 pump flow to run a crusher bucket. The additional flow is not needed for the hammer (Toku 3,000 ft/lb class). My 315CL puts out 38.5 GPM @ 2600psi with only one pump. I'm left wondering why you are running 2 pumps for your hammer. Next, I don't see the return to tank line in your photos. In fact, I don't see the plumbing for 2 pump flow either (maybe this is accomplished at the pump, and inside the valve itself [like a factory installed tool control system but I'm not sure they were available on "C" series Cats]). I can see valve block and ports for both but I don't see any hoses. The ports are capped/plugged. From what I can see you only have bi-directional routing (going back to tank through the auxiliary circuit return valve) for the auxiliary circuit. If you look at the last photo that you attached the auxiliary return line comes in to view in the upper right of the recessed area of the superstructure (just along the inside of the hydraulic and fuel tanks). There it looks like it connects to a divert-er block (but I cant see how the diverts) with a port just below the 90 degree fitting that is on the outlet side of the block (if you follow the hose routing of said hose it goes to the auxiliary return valve). A cap can be seen just below the 90 degree fitting and, at least on my machine, this is where a 1" hose is connected goes straight back to tank. On my machine the oil flow is controlled (mono- vs. bi-directional) by a manually operated tee valve at the divert-er block (the place that I see the 1" capped port and 90 degree fitting in your photo). Furthermore, all the pilot lines look stock to me, nor do I see any tees that tie into them either. I certainly don't know everything about these machines but, based on what I see in the photos, things are just not adding up. Please comment on my observations and hopefully I will be further educated. Regardless, my recommendation at the top of the paragraph still applies.
What pedal do u use to activate the tilt bucket ,how is it plumbed ?