Hello, I need to adjust the tilt position sensor on a 962G with prefix AXC. I was seaching the way to adjust it with ET, but only was seeing how to calibrate the sensor, not to ad or remove degrees or percentage. Is there a mechanical adjust?? Any help was apreciate. Tnks in advanced. David.
Tried looking on SIS but 962G does not show as having the AXC prefix, did find one with Prefix AXS The bucket tilt position if like other Cats there is a switch, on our 988H it is in the panel to the left side of the operator near the top of the cab. This switch is used to set the boom kick outs both top end and lower end and the bucket tilt. To set the max height kick out just raise the boom to where you want to have it stop then depress the top of the button. Then lower to the lower boom kick out point and again depress the top of the button, needs to be about 12 inches off ground or the bucket might hit the ground as it kicks out. Now to set the bucket tilt position bucket at the angle desired and push the BOTTOM of this same switch. There should be pictures on the switch that if you use your imagination you will be able to guess what they do. Good luck, Ken Found a picture of where this switch is located in a 962G II AXS prefix on the chance yours looks like this dash layout: The switch I'm talking about is #19 in the picture. Looks to be the right side of panel near the top
I may be mistaken, but low pressure in an accumulator may cause this problem too... but I've been wrong b4.
First, thanks for your quick response, I was wrote wrong the model number, it was a 972G II, with prefix AXC. The machine is away from my company and I must to do many kilometers to get to it. There was a problem on tilt movement, the kickout doesn't works, and ocasionally the movement don't works. I think that I must calibrate position sensor to repair it, and when was looking in SIS how to do it, I can't find how to adjust kickout.... Maybe cant find sand in the desert... On monday I will go to the machine and will tell you about my adventure... ;-) Thank you again!!
From memory I do not think there is any sort of mechanical adjustment on the tilt linkage position sensor, it will only install in one specific position in the linkage. What I've usually done on machines of this size (950-972) is to calibrate everything in sight because often an issue with one sensor can affect the operation of another sensor in the system. This would usually be: - 1. Lift & Tilt linkage position sensors. 2. Lift & Tilt control lever position sensors. 3. Lift & Tilt Main Control Valves. Also it's worth testing for both lift and tilt cylinder drift. Drifting cylinders will afftect sensor & control operation.
Just checked an the info I gave for the 962G AXS is the same as your 972 G II AXC
Hello again!! I was solved the problem. When I connected ET to the machine there are 2 fault codes. High voltage on tilt sensor, and something like "must calibrate tilt sensor" (I don't know if this is a good translate, I saw it in spanish). First, I tried to disconnect the connector near of tilt sensor, and the code don't was changed, then I was disconnected lift sensor and I saw the same error in lift sensor. Then I was interchanged the sensors, and the error was remaining in tilt sensor. I suspected on two possibilities, bad harness, or bad ecm... I tried to articulate the machine to both sides to see if there is a trouble in the middle harness, and I moved too the bucket up and down. When I moved this way, the code was coming and disappearing. I opened the harness (pos. 13 on the image) and there are the signal wire broken. I repaired it, and voltage code was dissapeared, calibrate both sensors, and work finished!! Lot of thanks for your help!! Best Regards David.
Always good when you fix something like that. Wiring harness issues that cause intermittent problems are generally really hard to locate.
BGood evening, what is the calibration process for the Lift sensor cat 962g prefix 5as300 And if it's possible to perform that procedure without cat et Thank you for your help
Code error 082.0352.13 The machine tries to raise the bucket but performs no upward or downward action, only tilting outwards and away from the bucket, but it does not lift.
As far as I know the calibration of the lift and tilt linkage position sensors can only be performed using Cat ET. I do not think that a Click Box would work for that operation but I am prepared to be proved wrong.
Okay...my dear Mr. Nige....my big question is...is the cause of the machine not performing the bucket raising or lowering operation due to a lack of calibration of the lever position sensor?
FMI13 Codes usually do not appear by magic. What components in the system were changed recently.?
FThe lift lever position sensor was replaced.
The replacement of that sensor will automatically generate an FMI13 Code requiring calibration. Even unplugging and reconnecting an existing sensor will do the same as far as I know.
Okay...and without calibration the bucket doesn't go up or down...until the calibration is complete...I'm performing the click box
I already have the click box ready; I just need the procedure to access the service menu and select the appropriate calibration.
I don’t know if it’s possible to do that calibration with a click box and unfortunately I have no access to the system at this moment to check.
I'll try... I'll keep you posted