Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket Name and Quick Coupler Manufacturer Names please?

Cartoondude135 · 2019-05-06 20:15

What is the name of this bucket? I tried things like "pavement removal tilt bucket", and "wrist asphalt slab grab" in Google Images, but all to no avail! I'm stumped for ideas! The reason I want to research more into this attachment is because not only is it able to dig asphalt and concrete slabs, but it also tilts like a tilt bucket! That's what makes this attachment super special. Also, what manufacturer makes this style of quick coupler lugs and coupler? Like................. Kenco is the manufacturer responsible for making these style quick coupler lugs and couplers as shown: https://kenco.com/products/wedgebolt-coupler/ . But a flat stopper instead of a round stopper for wedge bolt couplers? That's a first for me! However................ I did unearth some clues to help me narrow down this search (and no digger puns intended there). Clue 1: This sort of bucket is only found in Toronto as shown in Mighty Machines At The Cement Yard at 9:17 of the video, and in This Is Daniel Cook episodes 'Building a Sidewalk' and 'Building a Road'. Clue 2: In those two This Is Daniel Cook episode credits, they mentioned "Sanscon Construction", another company situated in Toronto; hinting this equipment attachment is exclusive to Toronto. Clue 3: These two excavators appeared in This Is Daniel Cook Building A Road and the Queen and Spadina road construction project. Both those breakers and these buckets share the same quick coupler lugs and wedge bolt couplers. Here's another one I found on Google Images. I did notice something else on this excavator's bucket. What looks like a manufacturer's logo on the top of it just near the coupler. But the paint is too faded from extensive usage in digging and the logo is too scuffed and scratched for me to make out the manufacturer that makes this bucket and quick coupler lugs and coupler. One more thing: on these two breaker's coupler's sides, I see what looks like a manufacturer's logo on it. This could be the break I needed! But the logo is too small to make out who make this style of quick coupler lugs and coupler. So if anyone has answers for all these questions, now would be a good time!

Replies16
  1. #1hvy 1ton2019-05-06 22:12

    That's a slab bucket. Looks like they cut the ears off the bucket and added a rotatory actuator. I don't think the exact wedge coupler type is going to get you anywhere.

  2. #2Cartoondude1352019-05-06 22:36

    But I'm eager to find out as the wedge coupler caps on the breakers you see have a manufacturer's logo on it. I just need to know who makes it and the case is closed.

  3. #3John C.2019-05-06 23:34

    The wedge coupler on the big bucket is a PSM style. I believe the full name of the company is Pacific Services Manufacturing. They also made bucket for Caterpillar that have hooks on the front top. That style of quick coupler has been falling out of favor here in the State of Washington.

  4. #4Cartoondude1352019-05-07 00:05

    We're not focusing on the cleanup bucket's wedge coupler, but thanks for the heads up. That's one detail uncovered, now for my remaining two: the wedge couplers for those two breakers in the pics I found and the manufacturer(s) that make those special "tilt slab buckets". And yes, "Tilt slab bucket" didn't yield any results either.

  5. #5old timer2019-05-07 11:16

    That looks like a Weldco Beales concrete removal bucket. I believe H+H also make one. The breakers are from NPK.

  6. #6Cartoondude1352019-05-07 21:34

    https://weldco-beales.com/inventory/concrete-removal-bucket/ Thanks man! But the top quick coupler cap has a rounded stopper. I'm looking for the flat top stopper as shown in the pics I posted. At least now I know the tilt/twist mechanism is an optional feature for this bucket. And yes, I know those are NPK breakers as only one brand of breakers has that unique signature colour orange.

  7. #7old timer2019-05-08 12:14

    Weldco has installed PSM couplers on their buckets, alternatly just order a blank bucket and an separate coupler (PSM style)

  8. #8John C.2019-05-08 20:00

    If you are talking about the wedge, the round ones were pretty early in the design from what I've seen. I don't think you find any manufacture using a round wedge anymore. The rectangular ones also have an angle milled in that matches the angle of the lugs on the bucket and coupler.

  9. #9Cartoondude1352019-05-09 02:04

    I'm talking about the area I circled in red . The finning bucket is the one's wedge coupler lugs I see commonly throughout Canada . But the one digging up concrete is only found in the Toronto area. Sanscon Construction has wedge bolt quick couplers from an unknown manufacturer that have a flat/slanted top instead of a round top like the Finning bucket shown in the pic I posted.

  10. #10John C.2019-05-09 09:49

    The one digging up concrete has a pin grab coupler. The large clean out bucket is a wedge coupler and the area circled in red is where the coupler lugs seat into and a wedge goes into the back of the lugs. I'll see if I have a better picture later today.

  11. #11Cartoondude1352019-05-09 10:10

    Uhh actually, all these couplers in the pics I posted are all the same: wedge bolt couplers (look more carefully, because the pics are a little small). It's just the style of the lug seats are different , that's all. Also, has anyone had any luck identifying the logo on these attachments/coupler lugs I circled in red? Because that doesn't look like the H&H logo or WBM. Yet I'm still curious to know who made these coupler lugs and that bucket the black Deere excavator is using.

  12. #12Cartoondude1352020-01-01 13:58

    Here it is! At long last, I found a clear image of that said bucket! Nye Manufacturing! I guess this bucket is also custom designed to meet the contractor's needs. Now I just need to figure out witch manufacturer makes that style of wedge bolt coupler and coupler caps. Because as you can see, the top seat is not round like the quick coupler caps made by H&H, Kenco, and PSM ( here's an example), they're flat/slanted. That's the last part I need to figure out. And I did notice this: all these style excavator quick couplers are owned by Sanscon Construction in Toronto Ontario and thats about the only place I've seen them appear in. So if anyone from Sanscon Construction Toronto is reading this, please get a clear pic of this style wedge coupler seen on those buckets and NPK breakers so that I can identify the manufacturer who makes these wedge couplers as these grab my attention more than any pin grab, Volvo S series, or Volvo S6 series coupler.

  13. #13Bls repair2020-01-01 16:11

    How do those tilt slab buckets hold up to hard ripping ?

  14. #14Cartoondude1352020-01-01 18:49

    HERE IT ******* IS!!! At long last, I think this is the manufacturer of that said style quick coupler: Bodine Manufacturing! This tilt bucket is designed with that same style wedge coupler! But that might be only part of the evidence I'm looking for......... But stay tuned for updates if I do finally find that specific manufacturer of that wedge bolt coupler I'm looking for.

  15. #15Tags2020-01-01 21:42

    Weldco Beales Manufacturing.....

  16. #16Cartoondude1352020-02-05 19:06

    I just found this: https://www.proxibid.com/Heavy-Cons...tor-Bucket-With-Teeth/lotInformation/47250536 This bucket has a very similar-looking wedge bolt quick coupler for 30-50 ton excavators. But it doesn't explain who makes that quick coupler either. But I feel closeer than ever to closing this case.....