Replaced blown seal on leveling hydraulic cylinder ,now bucket will not curl.Any suggestions to resolve problem would be appreciated.
Are the hoses connected to the correct fittings ? If they aren't one cylinder may be trying to go in the opposite direction of the other.
How long did you hold curl for? you'll have to purge all the air from that leveling cyl before it'll move. Also hard to swap the hoses, would only make it level the wrong way. when you curl does the engine load down? My curl will about stall the motor if held at idle. Work it curl and uncurl until the air is gone, might take more than a few minutes. Check your oil fill plug and top it up, if it was leaking you could be really low. Level plug is right next to the leveling cyl.
I only removed hoses from leveling cylinder. It was operating properly before seal blew. I installed new hoses which I purchased from Case
When I put a load on bucket and start to lift & curl ,bucket will lift but not curl up to pick material.it will curl with no load on bucket
Any information about the seal blowing? was it weeping and then disintegrated or just suddenly ruptured? Does the bucket sag? It could still be air bound, raise the arms fully and cycle the bucket curl and dump a handful of times. Lower the arms as far as you can and do the same. When you curl under load does the engine take a load? Did you rebuild the seal? wondering if the bolt on the piston is loose allowing it to leak past or something not sealed around the piston.
Case resealed the cylinder and yes engine does load
hmm, well if you could get a short hose or tube section to bypass the leveling cyl as a test, or remove the top hose and try to curl the bucket back, see if fluid escapes the upper port, it shouldn't. On mine if I curl the bucket back to the stop, the equalizing piston extends and puts a little torque on the lifting arm. So curling up there's no power, how about down? Might be worth putting a pressure gauge on it.
I'm about 200 miles from the machine so I'll make these pressure checks this weekend thanks for the recommendations