Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket pin specs.

225d Cat ยท 2012-11-13 19:21

How critical is the pin to pin distance on a pin on bucket? (2'' difference.) I can get a rake that has the proper pin diameter and the proper distance between the ears. I have a bucket on the machine now and the pin to pin is 16". The rake is 18". Will this work? It is pin on....no quick coupler. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Andrew_D2012-11-13 21:40

    Well, my only experience is with farm tractors, but since no one else has replied yet, I'll take a stab... If the pin-to-pin distance is greater, it should work OK. You just won't get as much movement on the bucket. Now, if it was less, the bucket is going to roll more. You can still do it, just be careful the first time you roll the bucket in case it rolls far enough for any parts to make contact...hate to have something bend or break! Andrew

  2. #2uffex2012-12-26 05:56

    Good day sir Increasing the pin to pin diamension will icrease the tear force at the tooth however the negative is that there is a reduction in the turning arc. I have some information which is in PDF format just drop me a email at [email protected] if you like it sent on. Regards Uffex