Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket pins

673moto · 2022-08-23 12:03

How many hours are you guys getting from a set of bucket pins/bushings? I replaced mine about 50 hours ago and they are already sloppy? What’s the deal? Operator error?

Replies7
  1. #1JBrady2022-08-24 11:33

    I changed mine around 1100 hrs on a Bobcat S250. Currently have around 1500 hrs and they are still tight. I am referring to the lower tapered pins. The upper cylinder pins are still original. If yours are wearing that fast, you probably have something else going on like an alignment issue.

  2. #2673moto2022-08-24 11:49

    Ok, that sounds like something is really wrong... nothing looks tweaked, I wonder what’s going on?

  3. #3Tags2022-08-24 19:13

    Are the new bushings loose in the bores by any chance? Seems weird everything would loosen up so fast. We’re they OEM bushings?

  4. #4John C.2022-08-24 19:22

    Pins and bushings from the OEMs are kind of a high tech item now days. A lot of metallurgy and engineering go into making them match hardness. They are expensive but I haven't had any luck trying match them up on my own.

  5. #5673moto2022-08-24 21:28

    Bushings went in tight (froze them and heated the bore, they pushed in with minimal effort) Got them from CAT and they were correct part #. Everything went together good with zero play.

  6. #6gwhammy2022-08-26 21:05

    Dumb question but are they greased regular?

  7. #7673moto2022-08-26 21:27

    Yup. Every time I use it, doesn’t matter if it was used for 1 hour or 8 hours the day before. Since I got a cordless grease gun I’ve been using too much grease !