Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket truck 2 sided hydraulic ram

MxzGary ยท 2026-04-18 17:10

I have a two-sided Ram that pushes my upper boom and only one side pushes and pulls the other side stays in the same position there does not seem to be any hydraulic fluid pushing in or out of that side of the ram that being said I can't go all the way up and the boom does not go far enough down to rest completely in the Cradle The lift is a 1997 Hi Ranger simon telelect TP series 52 ft it's hard to find out any information on these lifts any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies3
  1. #1djhutt2026-04-18 17:32

    Looks like the wrong length of cylinder. Did this work previously?

  2. #2djhutt2026-04-18 17:40

    Should look like this when stowed no rod showing.

  3. #3MxzGary2026-04-18 20:31

    I believe the one that's on there is the one that came with, just bought it recently and the person I bought it from said that it was working properly a couple months before he sold it to me both ends of the rod go in and out when it's working properly and now only one end is going out and it seems like the other side it's not pushing or pulling it has a stop in the middle of the cylinder and a plunger piston on each side