Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucyrus Erie H-3 Hydro Crane info

amscontr ยท 2012-02-27 14:02

Looking for some info on an old B-E H-3 Hydro Crane with hydraulic clamshell, thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1blitz1382012-02-27 21:45

    What do you want to know? http://www.bobscrane.com/pdf/12T_Hydrocrane_H-5-C.pdf

  2. #2amscontr2012-02-27 22:30

    Just the basics, basically. We found one that has 4100 hrs. on it. Parts availability, just any general info., or if anyone has any experience running one of the smaller cranes, etc. Thanks for the reply.

  3. #3Tiny2012-02-28 13:27

    Does this machine still have the gantry system for operating the load line ? Company had one years ago , As built the machine did not have a winch . Seems I remember that the gantry deal was a source of problems . had to run the boom out to the length you wanted to work at then you would run out the cable to the ground .After that the hydraulic raising and lowering of the gantry run the load line. Line length was changed with an electric motor (reminded me of a starter for a pickup) Looks like they were discontinued in 81

  4. #4heavylift2012-02-28 20:17

    One of concrete company had a couple of these cranes, There is one setting around here somewhere, I just can't remember where it is at the moment. I did watch them work, when I was a kid, never did figure out what made them work, other than the hydraulic ram moving up and down.

  5. #5amscontr2012-02-28 21:08

    I have only seen pictures of it so far. It's a few hundred miles away. It looks like the gantry set up. I guess a guy could put a winch with a hyd. motor on it??