I and my cousin restored this 1978 BE H-3 Hydrocrane. Are there any people out there who have used or ran these cranes?. This crane was in pretty bad shape. and we restored in almost what we think were the original colors.
nice paint! Hope it runs as good as it looks. Those ford engines were always a little tricky. Your h-3 looks like the one i ran at subic bay shipyard in '71. What great memories. The little crane would easily lift a 6-ton talos missle cradle
Nice job. Look like a good rig.
Great job on the restoration kwequip. Looks like a handy rig.
from what I have read these cranes were made from 1952 to 1981. Many loggers used them with a grapple, but with the invention of the Knuckleboom they were replaced with them. This crane was originally bought by Duke Power Company, until 1986 then was bought at auction by a local contractor, was used at his rock quarry until 2011 (was working but had seen some hard times)
Company I worked for had 2 of them On International trucks . Must have been longer trucks because I don't remember the booms hang that far over the front . Sold one pretty much as shipped the other had a major breakdown with the gantry lift system and was retrofitted with a hydraulic winch . I think the colors are really close
Oh my, I haven't seen an H3 for many years. Back in the late 70's a local company had a number of them mounted on CCC carriers, they were a unique machine for sure with the gantry tower winch system.
Nice job, it looks great.
I know I'm behind times posting this but I found this color brochure and remembered this thread so here is an H-5
Once a long time ago on a planet similar to this one I operated a H-5. The colors were Belger black with red pin stripe. It was not a Belger rig at the time. One thing I remember was, if I recall right that it had a dead section in it. When you pulled it out. You payed out your working line from a drum behind the seat. Well with that section out and you payed out the line, Depending on how the area was set up. You could either never two block the machine or you would never be able to hit the ground with the ball. It was one way or the other depending. I may be wrong because I have had a few beers and slept a little since I last ran one oh about 25 years ago.I also remember that lever that you pay line out with took the watch off of my wrist. That did smart a lot!
this looks great, i am looking for information regarding some H-5's hydrocranes I would like to speak with you. How can we contact one another?
Hi all, I've been lurking in the forum for quite a while reading and enjoying the various threads. I finally joined because I figure someone here might be able to help me. I'm looking for a readable spec sheet for a Bucyrus Erie H-3 Hydrocrane. I found one here: http://www.bobscrane.com/Portals/0/PDF/5T SPEC SHEET.pdf but the problem is I can't read most of the dimensions. So does anyone know of a cleaner scan to download or possibly have an actual printed version that they can read and relay the dimensions? I figured adding to this thread was okay but if any admin feels it should be separate I apologize in advance and feel free to move it. Thanks in advance. Brian