Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucyrus Scraper

malcolm ยท 2010-08-21 17:34

I can not remember where i got these photos but it looks a real tricky one to operate cheers malcolm

Replies3
  1. #1DPete2010-08-21 17:43

    Ha ha, I guess everything has been tried. One thing about this forum is you never get through learning. Scraper mounted 25 cable control is a new one on me

  2. #2buckfever2010-08-21 18:15

    a company up the road still uses cable pans for steep slope work

  3. #3D6 Merv2010-08-21 19:06

    Geez Malcom, I hope thats a aussie invention and not one of ours :ban Have seen a similar but better idea here. Guy in matamata has a Birley 70 were hae rigged up 2 hydraulic winchs on the scraper gooseneck to run the cable system for the scoop. And runs the winchs off the hydraulics on the D65. That system in your pic would take some gymnastics on the remote pull strings, and a operator with a very good temperment. Be no good for me.:Banghead Cheers Merv :drinkup