Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buffalo Springfield

sdarmstrong · 2018-02-24 21:47

hi Recently purchased one of these . Any body know which model it is and where I might get a manual for it ?

Replies10
  1. #1kshansen2018-02-25 09:38

    Am I the only one that the subject line made me think of this: Often wondered about the story for that choice of name. Not much information right now but I would check out some of the links on this page and see what they may have to offer: http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=2994 Or this site: https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78453

  2. #2sdarmstrong2018-02-25 09:50

    Thanks for the links . I had already explored them . No luck with dating mine though .

  3. #3td14steve2018-03-05 06:57

    I looked up buffalo springfield 3 wheeled roller and came across some pics of similar rollers, couldn't get a pic to download though. Seems to be a late 50's or early 60's with the diesel engine and solid rollers.

  4. #4sdarmstrong2018-03-05 08:43

    Thanks for that . The engine no would seem to indicate early 40’s

  5. #5Bls repair2018-08-05 16:04

    That’s a name I haven’t heard in years.

  6. #6ianjoub2018-08-05 18:03

    Cool looking old iron "for what its worth"

  7. #7mowingman2018-08-05 20:06

    The Buffalo Springfield Roller co., was bought out by the Koehring Co. in 1956. You might try to get a hold of whoever owns the Koehring name now. They might have old records of the serial numbers.

  8. #8DMiller2018-08-11 20:45

    First thing to come to mind Hansen!! The rock group, then REO Speedwagon popped in for a visit!!!A lot of them named for inconspicuous machines in the day that few beyond us Old Farts would know.

  9. #9ASPHALT042018-09-16 18:29

    I used to run one of those. Had a Detroit in it. Not sure what year it was though

  10. #10ASPHALT042018-09-16 18:32

    It definitely did not have a steering wheel though. Company I worked for had a buffalo and 2 Hubers. The Hubers had gas engines