Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Build date for 950 Wheel Loader

jgrieser ยท 2023-09-11 15:00

Could someone please help me find a build date for our older 950 Wheel Loader? The Serial number is 81J4696 Thank you!

Replies2
  1. #1OzDozer2023-09-12 21:07

    Your 950 was built in early 1972. Serial numbers for 1972 ran from 81J04346 to 81J05405. It came from the factory fitted with a 3304 model engine, which has an engine arrangement number starting with 78P.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2023-09-15 22:19

    Welcome to HEF!! The 950 was the first loader I operated, the company I worked for had one, it was old, tired, noisy and LOOSE!!! My first experience was being dropped off at the gravel bank and tasked with driving it 3 miles back to the shop. I was white knuckling it the whole way! The steering pins were so sloppy it I zigzagged the entire trip. In the gravel bank it did what it was supposed to, load trucks. It was very reliable and could load 15 yards in 5 or 6 buckets. Post some pics when you have a chance!