Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Build Date of 977L?

Metalman 55 · 2019-10-13 16:29

I am planning to go take a look at an old 977L, Ser# 11K 7513 & wanted to ask if someone could look up the build date on it? It is in my local area & there are not many of them around!

Replies8
  1. #1Old Magnet2019-10-13 19:17

    That's a 1975 build with 3306 engine There were 8,987 11Kxxxx series K & L units built between 1966 and 1978. The K became L at s/n 11K5083 with the introduction of the 3306.

  2. #2Metalman 552019-10-14 07:17

    Thanks for the information OM.

  3. #3Nige2019-10-15 04:45

    S/N 11K7513 dates from around mid-1975.

  4. #4Metalman 552019-10-15 06:41

    Thanks for the info Nige.

  5. #5Metalman 552019-10-24 19:30

    I went to look at the 977L yesterday & it shows evidence of being well used & well worn & in general looked tired. On plus was the U/C was in excellent shape, but overall the machine was too rough for me. I have a 955L of about the same vintage & mine is in much better condition...…..

  6. #6Mother Deuce2019-10-24 19:41

    What year did the 14X begin?

  7. #7Nige2019-10-25 14:52

    1978

  8. #8Mother Deuce2019-10-25 18:18

    That was a good year. I had one for awhile...(deep sigh)