working on building a new paddock for the cattle. Fence is only 2.5 mile long. We cut the posts here on the property. Gidgee is a very hard timber and will make the fence last about 80 years on average. Tractor is a Fordson Major that keeps snapping the cam-shaft ( has snapped 3 so far )
Nice work ! Man i felt bad doing about 700 feet of fence this spring. I use a similar steel bar bar for tamping the posts .Its amazing how it tightens them up .
Like the straining technique, don’t think I’ve seen that done before, certainly not down this way.
Do not see too many proline borers around these days. Perfect for the soil conditions you have there, hard but no rocks.
The Dingo fence renewal South Australia. 2020 (The Fordson Majors did come in a 6 cylinder diesel model. https://www.dieselworldmag.com/diesel-tractors/fordson-new-major-e1a/ ) There were a few other repower options (If in nz, the government safety people would probably fine you for operating a tractor in a work place without a valid certified Roll over frame, rops)
Nice having dirt you can drill the holes into. I am lucky to have 3" of soil before I hit solid rock.
So does your auger have to turn backwards because your on the bottom side of the world? Don't think I've ever seen a posthole auger that turns that way.
Nice job! You guys work at a steady pace and make it look easy!
Glad you guys like the video ( first vid with new gopro ). We would cut the posts first thing, sight the line & mark every post hole, dig and stand the posts then strain up and tie off. Build any gateways into the fence and hang rails under the fence in any floodways. With this steady pace we could average 0.5 km / day. ( 0.3 mile )
Prolines like used in the video are older diggers. Probably came out in the 60's or 70's ran anti-clockwise. I know of at least another couple of local manufacturers that made anti clockwise post hole diggers. The company is still going today, they made/make a lot of stuff for power pole erecting http://www.premierproline.com.au/ These days it seems a lot of people run hydraulic drive units, so does not matter what auger you have, but the standard is clockwise.
great job!