Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bull Moose Dozer. Built in Vancouver British Columbia. Anyone??

Coleman396 ยท 2013-11-10 11:38

Have any of you guys heard of Bull Moose crawlers or any other their products? I am looking for any info I can find on these things.. My understanding is that they were built in Vancouver B.C but information about the factory or the things they built is pretty hard to find so far. I've found this dozer for sale and have some interest in buying it. She's complete and the drive bearing and all the undercarriage is pretty fresh in it. Powered with a 4 cylinder Wisconsin engine she should be simple to work on. The owner says it's been parked for a little over a year, needs battery,carb cleaned, fresh gas and she should be good to go. Has hydraulic three way blade and a gearmatic winch on the back. Transmission is some sort of a truck tranny. Four speeds ahead and one reverse.It would make an awesome restoration project. Owner claims if it does not sell soon he'll pull the winch and other goodies, then scrap the rest. Hate to see that thing end up scrapped. I believe it is from the late fifties or early sixties.

Replies2
  1. #1MutsMachines2013-11-22 18:22

    very cool old dozer. the front and rear sprockets are definitely unique also having a winch on and the up and down on the blade is different then most very od ball dozer is odd very interesting machine

  2. #2redhouse552015-07-27 13:04

    Hi Coleman396, I realize this is an old post----but did you end up getting this Bullmoose dozer? I'm trying to get one rolling again (model C.25) and was curious if you learned any more about their history? Thanks