Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bulldozer steers alone

Hydraumind ยท 2016-04-12 01:04

This is the firs time I see this behavior: the komatsu D275AX-5 has one rack faster than the other when moving forward or reverse. Should I start with palm control lever PCCS and check if a wrong steering signal is sent when no steering is needed, or should I start checking left and right brake pressure to see if there is a difference in pressure between left and right side

Replies1
  1. #1catfixer2016-04-14 13:36

    is it the same track that is slower both directions? I never worked on a Komat that big, but I think it's got the torqflow transmission. Could start checking the joystick and seeing. Also cant remember if that's a pilot or electronic joystick. Check for uniform track tension, and if you can check your brake pressures, possibly one side is getting just enough pressure to slow that side down. trying to think what else, It's been a little while since I've run into this issue on a non hystat machine