So I have been on my self imposed exile, and in this time CM1995 and Hoeman600 have been poking at me.... all in good fun of course. But I AM in fact the only one who can tear up a city street, and my pic posting days are not over....LOL So lets start this out the right way!
Yeah so.... I may not have made some fancy trip across the country.... but I do manage to put 30 miles a day on my 973.
ohhhhhh more.
So yeah.... this is a full fledged return.
Are you bored yet?
And to Kevin about my pic posting days... :drinkup
I think that'll do it for now eh?
kick the tires, and light the fires . GOOD stuff burnout. I kknew youd get me back someday :drinkup.by the way it was notin personal. dem 385's sure are sexy
I know its nothin personal. I am just gettin slim on ideas for thread titles and subject.
cam corder would be pretty cool doing different jobs. I know it might be difficult to turn into mpegs but it would be cool seeing you load out a dump, or digging a ditch and the challenges it brings to the table. I don't u-tube so that was the reason for my suggestion. Or you could get maintenace pictures in the field, they can be educational....
You Tube isn't accepted in this company. I was told that some other Sureway employees posted videos on there and they are trying to find out who it is. Granted they aren't of machinery working they are more about on site tom foolery. My digi cam takes some pretty good video I just can't find a way to mount my digicam in the cab of the loader.
He's back.................. nice pics
Sweet pics Burnout!1:notworthy:notworthy:cool2:drinkup I know you aren't a fan of the 385, but I agree they sh-ure look purty:Cowboy
video helmet cam!!!!!
Hey is that a woman in the dynapac?
Yep, I have a nice young lady running one of my Dynapac's, and some old bag running the other but thats about to change real soon here. As for the Helmet cam... I'd have to wear it for that and I have successfully avoided wearing it for awhile now. Besides.... I have a cowboy hard hat, im not gonna drill holes in it. I have a little idea thunk up for a cam mount, its gonna consist of some sheetmetal, a screw and vice grip. As for 385's I will admit they can be fun sometimes. We got about 2 1/2 inches of rain here in the last 2 days so today I was mucking out the jobsite. I spent 4 hours in the 385 and whaled some dirt around with the 7ft bucket.
You dont fear that they can run a :bash as well as a packer Great pics as usual. But how come you end up muckin out the job site with the 385 ? :stirthepot
I had to muck out the site because we don't call in a full crew when it rains for cleanup. Normally it goes by seniority BUT a lot of our operators are used to their machines and refuse to run anything else. I have made good friends with my foreman and upper management. It also helps that I am willing to run anything so I almost always get called in first. Between yesterday and today doing cleanup and a little backfill I have run my 973C, the 973A, Komatsu D85E, Volvo 220F loader, Deere 710D and the 330 and 385. But it's sucked the last couple days, my 973 is down right now. For the last 2 weeks my low oil pressure lights have been on, so they put a new OPS in it, that didnt help. The lights and buzzer will come on, but if you idle her down for a minute they go out, and it wont come on again for a half hour. So Our mechanic came out to investigate today, he hooked me up to the wireless communication device for his laptop but his range wasn't so great. SO I made the dumb suggestion that he sit on the hood of the loader behind the cab, he liked that so he rode on the hood hanging onto the dust bowl and his laptop for over an hour studying my engine. Talk about pressure to be smooth on your machine! And it didn't help that our safety guy was makin his rounds today and saw my passenger travelling around with me. He shook his head, shot me the finger and drove away. So now we have established that my loader only has 19-22lbs oil pressure at times! And my water pump might be junk because now it's overheating. So monday morning their going to drop the pan and see if they can shim up the oil pump, replace the waterpump and clean out my rad pack. I on the other hand am going to sit there drinking coffee and armoralling up the inside of the cab. If it's not too dusty im gonna bust out some rags and wash the outside of the machine too and touch up any little nicks in the paint. By the end of this season im gonna be back to my old loader because this one is just going to be a showpiece.
Holy crap that was long....so here have a picture.
Well.... I did some drivin around this morning. I'm here to make sure I keep my title as pic slut #1!
Now we have a cute little 800 Deere and a PC1250 if anyones interested.
Nice pics...
Ideas for you How about some some Thompson Brothers or North American photos that will have my bags packed. But Prairie Roadbuilders photos will keep me here in NS.
Who's Thompson Brothers? As for North American they dont do much in the city limits so I never see their iron. Prairie Roadbuilders... well I have pictures but no one seems to wanna see em. Who's up for some more pictures? I went to a equipment auction today as well. It was just a little fly by night auction company I doubt any of you have heard of them. Anyone heard of these Ritchie Brothers? before????????:beatsme
Ritchie Bros, are they new? I havent gotten to one of their auctions in about a year but am looking forward to medford oregon in june. I think their will be some good deals to be had as that areas construction market has all but folded from what I hear. I will be looking for a 120 size excavator, we'll see.
Ritchie Brothers? Never heard of them! I've heard a few things about Prairie...:beatsme could I see them anyways? Oh yeah, is that an auger scraper in one of those pics?
i think you mean BITCHEY BROS. good stuff burnout
Thompson Brothers are the Roadbuilders they are out of spruce grove I use to work for we did a phase on the anthony hendy, wetaskiwin connector to the calgary trail. It was a single mans job away from home, out of a suitcase you know the line. North American has some cool iron but mostly in fort crack. As for Prairie you are better off by not going with them if they are still as bad as they use to be.
You can see Thompsons yard when heading through Spruce on 16, Just to the south of the high way by the grain elevator. Lovin the pics
Well Bro', I haven't seen any pics of you actually tearing up any asphalt or concrete yet. :stirthepot
awesome pics keep em commin!
Thats because asphalt is too easy. They make me tear up virgin ground.:drinkup Yeah I know Thompson now.... their fleet looks rather umm....... ancient? I saw some little scrapers sitting there, just some baby single engine units. As for Henday... we're going to be finishing it. Its actually crossing through a pit of ours and going to be only minutes from another so I would imagine we will get it since they want it done fast... and nothings faster than some 657's and D10's. And I generally stay out of fort crack! Today was a half decent day though.... I got my very first experience in a land scraper. I asked the foreman for the dirt crew if I could try out a small buggy. His idea of small was the chick bringin over her 657E for me to try out. The dual engine horsepower is cool, but I am more than happy with not running one full time. You couldn't pay me enough to bounce around like that!
what cat dozer is that a D5G? got any more pics of it?
Yeah thats a 5G... no I didn't get any more pictures of it.
and some more......
I am willing to admit.... I am not a great fan of running dozer. I don't mind it every once in awhile, but if I have the choice I would rather not. But I kinda fell in love with the D8T they had there. Man is that a sexy cab!
Whoooops.... guess I should show the D8 too huh? I also saw a New Holland EC350 excavator there, anyone run one of these units before? I gave it a look see and it looks fairly cheaply built. The cab had a white interior...:beatsme Seriously??? white? I figured what the hey I could crank it up and try it out since I had just been spoiled by getting to try not 1 but 2... yeah 2... you hear me? 2 Deere 992's. They had a D and an E... seriously what could have been a better test drive for excavators. I even got a nice video of me firing up the 992E and movin it around a bit. I was amazed that the D was blazing fast while the E was quite slow. I was thinkin about goin up to the paint shop and getting some CAT stickers for it.
Yeah so now I know what your thinkin.... I wanna see these 992's. Well I will show you just this once. Make sure the Theo (theoldlady) isn't near the computer.... don't want her getting jealous of their sexuality.
That's because most of their fleet is up here. They have a ton of new or near new iron running on a couple of road jobs as well as on contracts at Suncor. Look up Thompson's website, I seem to remember them having a fleet profile on there...may not be current though. Brian
most new hollands aren't that great to run.....ran a 675E while I was on summer break....what a joy.Love those 992's!